How to Know if Insulated Windows Need Replacing
Even if the seals of your insulated Salt Lake City Glass Windows appear to be fine. Here are some factors to know to help you decide when to replace your insulated windows
– If condensation or discoloration appears inside the glass, it may indicate a broken seal.
– There is a method of glass insulation that uses argon gas between layers, these gases will eventually leak. Though the rate is very slow (about 1% a year), the older a window gets, the less insulation it will have.
– New coating technology can reduce energy loss up to 50%.
– Check the weather stripping around the window, cracks and signs of wear will indicate air leakage.
– Old metal frames don’t insulate as well as vinyl clad wood frames to in modern Poway Glass windows.
Remember that the cost of the over all windows will be an investment into your future savings.