Halloween safety tips for homeowners
Halloween in the Salt Lake City area is a blast. Unfortunately, sometimes there is more than just ghouls and goblins lurking about. This is why Salt Lake City Glass Company would like to remind you to be safe this holiday season. Halloween is only days away and if you’re expecting trick or treaters, there are a few things a homeowner can do to make sure their house and yard are safe.
- Double check that your doors and windows are all locked and that any broken windows are repaired.
- Make sure your porch or front entrance is well lit and remember to replace burned-out light bulbs.
- Use battery operated lights or chemical light sticks to illuminate carved pumpkins in place of candles or keep pumpkins away from walking areas where they could be knocked over.
- Do not overload extension cords or let them run through the wet ground.
- Remove clutter, hoses, bikes, toys and other objects from walkways or the yard to prevent injuries from falls.
- Keep animals confined in a safe place, away from trick or treaters.
- Verify that your alarms and smoke detectors are working and in good condition.
Halloween can be a fun and exciting time for kids and adults alike. Following the tips above should ensure that you and your family have a safe and spooky evening. Please, don’t leave broken windows unattended to. It leaves you vulnerable to crime and lets your heating escape. Have a Happy Halloween from Salt Lake City Glass Company. Feel free to contact us for any emergency window repairs this holiday season.