Glass Shower Doors or Shower Curtain – Which Should You Choose?
If you’re planning a bathroom remodel for your Provo home, you’ve likely been considering both shower doors and shower curtains. Both can work, and either can add style to the space – so deciding whether to go with a glass enclosure or a traditional curtain can be difficult.
Talking to an experienced professional contractor or interior designer is a smart way to get expert advice. But in the meantime, taking a close look at the pros and cons of both options may help point you in the right direction.
Pros and Cons of Glass Shower Doors
Provo homeowners choose glass shower doors for a few different reasons. The benefits of installing a glass enclosure include:
- Glass panels make the space feel bigger and brighter
- Glass allows gorgeous tile designs to be on full view
- Shower enclosures can be completely customized
- Water stays inside, keeping the bathroom floor dry
- The project provides a boost in home value
Going with glass shower doors isn’t always best. These potential drawbacks are worthy of consideration:
- Glass shower enclosures can be expensive
- Transparent glass panels don’t provide any privacy
- Enclosures aren’t practical for claw-foot bathtubs
Pros and Cons of Shower Curtains
Some Provo homeowners prefer traditional curtains over glass enclosures. Their reasoning is that:
- Fabric curtains are easy on the budget
- Curtains can be swapped out for a different look
- Floor-length curtains add a soft touch to a bathroom
- Interesting designs can inject personality into the space
- Coordinating accessories make decorating simple
Shower curtains do have downsides, of course. The disadvantages to keep in mind include:
- Curtains are more difficult and time-consuming to clean
- The wrong choice can make a bathroom feel cramped
- Daily wear and tear lead to frequent replacement
Making a Choice for Your Provo Home
For some Provo homeowners, the right choice is obvious. And while you may still be trying to figure out which route to take with your bathroom remodeling plans, one thing is clear — if you landed here, you’ve given some thought to installing glass shower doors.
Learning more is the next step, and the professional team at Complete Glass can explain everything you need to know about framed and frameless enclosures. Creating magnificent glass shower spaces is our specialty, and we can elevate the look of your bathroom.
Why choose Complete Glass? Our team has extensive experience, and we’re known for our customization capabilities. We take great care with our craftsmanship, too, and few companies in Provo or the greater northern Utah area can match our commitment to customer service. Add in our competitive pricing, and it’s easy to see why we’re the go-to source for glass shower installation.
For a free consultation to explore your options for glass shower doors at your Provo home, contact us today.